Thursday, May 23, 2013

[hello]...

well hello there!

in case we haven't met yet....i'm rachel.

you can read more about me at the bottom of my blog in the "about me" section.....

it's nice to meet you!  :)

welcome to my very first post on my newest blog!

for some reason...

i felt compelled to start anew. ...

so here i am...

with a new blog name and a whole new look.

you can visit my photography blog HERE....

and my old blog HERE.

i thought i'd start off with a before and after....

and some vintage loveliness that i recently acquired.

so here we go....

i'll have you know that this little update was ten years in the making....

yes...i said 10.

my parents gave the mister and i this armoire when we were first married.

from day one i dreamed of slathering her with sunny, golden yellow paint...

 with a touch of distressing.

my mister is a purest when it comes to natural wood furniture....

i am not.  :) 

for 10 years i kept the peace and left this old girl alone.

then a couple weeks ago i talked him into it...

i think my words were, "it's either the dining table or the armoire...

you  know who won... ;)


i think i love her!


last week i came across this brand new vintage bridge scoring pad...

complete with directions for the game.

i just love the birds on the front!



now...this has to be one of my best scores in a very long time.

an older couple in our church were giving away this gentleman's dresser...

 and his lovely partner...which i was show you another day.  :)

according to  our friends, these belong to his grandparents...

so that would make them circa 1880s...swoon.

i plan on painting them sometime in the future...and adding new hardware.  

my arms needs a painting break.  ;)



thanks for stopping by friends!

rachel







2 comments:

  1. I love your new blog and your armoire! What yellow did you use to paint it? It's absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete