Thursday, June 6, 2013

[cute way to maximize kitchen counter space}....

we live in a 1969 ranch...

which means that we have a small galley kitchen...

and not much counter or storage space.  

to remedy that...

i came up with this...


i painted an old stool that i had on hand...

and set it on one of my counters...

added my owl vase full of kitchen utensils...

and our little "catch all" box.

underneath there is room from my retro inspired canisters [from cost plus]...

and a shadow box i made.

viola...space maximized!!  :)

on the other side of the kitchen...


i hung a shelf with a towel rack above the sink...

it also holds a set of vintage pyrex mixing bowls.

a vintage wire basket holds hand towels....since we have no available drawer.  :)

3 little canisters [also from cost plus] corral my grandmother's cookie cutters.

and there you have it...

literally...that is my kitchen tour...2 whole photos. ;)


rachel



1 comment:

  1. Love that you used an old stool to make a counter shelf! I have a doll table that can do the same thing! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete